Thursday 27 November 2008

If The Truth Shall Kill Them, Let Them Die

A few weeks ago I was so inspired by this quote that I wrote it down on a scrap of paper and put it in my hand bag. Its a great quote and I thought "YES that really rings a bell with me.

You see, the struggle that I see with most of the people I work with is that they don't know how to be really truthful in the face of "Upsetting someone." Especially the ones you love and care about the most. Yesterday, on the floor of the car I saw a scrap of paper and before I threw it out I took a peek at it and here it is

If The Truth Shall Kill Them Let Them Die, Immanuel Kant

It's now on my office wall on a picture hook and is sums up one of the most important aspects of the leadership Development work that I do.What I spend most of my time doing is teaching leaders how to be truly assertive and to be able to tell the truth with compassion - All of the TRUTH.

So thank you to Immanuel Kant 1724 - 1804 18th-century German philosopher. Your words of brilliance are inspiring me 200+ yeas latter. An example to me and all of us of the power of the written word.


Guest writer Jennifer Elliott is an expert in developing leaders in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment